Position: IT Support Technician
Line Manager: IT Manager
Salary Grade: Support Staff Grade 3 scale points 18 to 21
Salary: Currently £16,804 FTE per annum)
Hours: 36.5 hours per week, 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 3.30pm Friday There will be a requirement for some evening and weekend work to support College activities.
Job Purpose: Job Purpose To provide technical assistance in the maintenance and development of the College’s computer networks and related hardware / software applications, and to provide IT administration support to the College Service Centre as and when required.
- To assist the IT Manager in maintaining, supporting and developing the College’s IT networkfacilities
- To carry out repairs in agreement with the IT Manager
- To provide assistance to departments and individuals with both networked and standalone machines under the direction of the IT Manager
- To assist in maintaining records of hardware, software and other materials, as directed by the IT Manager
- Liaise with third party contractors to ensure effective maintenance of photocopiers, printers and telephony
- Familiarising with new software, as purchased by the College, for curriculum, technical or administrative use under the direction of the IT Manager
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of the College e-mail system, Internet service and computer network, as directed
- To work in accordance with and in support of the college’s IT security policy
- To install maintain, and upgrade software as directed
- To monitor the effectiveness of the IT network as directed
- Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be regarded as being within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post
- To ensure awareness of and compliance with personal responsibilities and requirements communicated via College policies and procedures including Health & Safety.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. December 2017
This job description is subject to amendment, from time to time, within the terms of your conditions of employment, but only to the extent consistent with the needs of the College, and only after consultation with you.