Health and Social Care - BTEC Extended Certificate
The BTEC Level 2 First extended certificate in Health and Social Care explores a variety of different topic areas which include human life span development, health promotion and effective communication. You will have the opportunity to learn about people from different ages with different needs from different health and social care contexts such as nursing homes, hospitals and residential settings.
The course is designed for students who like to do work in a variety of different ways including essays, role plays, and presentations. You will develop the basic skills that are required when working in the Health and Social Care sector.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade 3 including English and a subject that requires essay writing.
- Please click here to see grades conversions in line with the new grading system.
What will I study?
- 4 GCSEs
- Pearson Education Ltd
The course will have a combination of exam and coursework units which will total to 360GLH (guided learning hours):
Unit 1 - Human Lifespan Development (external)
Unit 2 - Health and Social Care Values (internal)
- MANDATORY UNITS
- Unit 3 - Effective communication in Health & Social Care (internal)
- Unit 9 - Healthy Living (external)
- OPTIONAL UNITS
- Unit 4 - Social influences on health and wellbeing (internal)
- Unit 5 - Promoting health and wellbeing (internal)
- Unit 6 - The impact of nutrition on health and wellbeing (internal)
- Unit 7 - Equality and diversity in Health and Social Care (internal)
- Unit 8 - Individual rights in Health and Social Care (internal)
- Unit 10 - Human body systems and care of disorders (internal)
- Unit 11 - Services in Health and Social Care
- Unit 12 - Creative and therapeutic activities in Health and Social Care (internal)
- Unit 13 - The Health and Social Care sector (internal)
- Unit 14 - The Early Years sector (internal)
Where does it lead?
On completion of this course students will be able to progress onto Level 3 (A level and BTEC). This includes Level 3 Health and Social care which is offered by Cadbury College. Cadbury College will be offering extended diploma in Health and social care which is equivalent to 3 A levels!
Some careers in health and social care:
- Social work
- Care work
- Support work
To apply for this course click here.