This is a 1 year course which is equivalent to 3 GCSE’s, provides an exciting opportunity for students who are looking to gain knowledge of Health and Social Care. It is a very dynamic subject, which explores a variety of areas and current topics of interest from human life span development, learning about human behaviour, communication, health promotion to child protection and safeguarding. For the enthusiasts wanting to pursue a health and social career it is a platform for understanding individuals, learning how to provide quality care, to the skills needed to become a health, social care or child development specialist.
This course is a very good starting point for those wanting experience working with individuals within the health sector; such experience will be gained through extra educational activities such as visiting local organisations and carrying out health promotions. Support and guidance will be available to those wishing to carryout work experience.
No prior subject knowledge is required. Minimum entry of GCSE English grade 3 and GCSE Maths grade 3.
Students will have the opportunity to make contact with external organisations such as visits to the local care home and they will have opportunities to seek advice on health related careers from external speakers/guests.
Students in the past have organised a range of work experience, e.g. care homes, hospitals, hospices and GP settings.
Components of Course
- Module 1: Communication
- Module 2: Individual rights in Health and Social Care
- Module 3: Individual needs in Health and Social Care
- Module 4: Ensuring safe environmental in health and Social Care
- Module 6: Cultural diversity in health and Social Care
- Module 8: Human lifespan development
- Module 10: Health and social care services
- Module 11: The impact of diet
- 100% Coursework
- 100% coursework, which will be assessed internally
- No exams