Art and Design, 3D Design and Product Design covers many important aspects of design technology and 3D Design. It includes both modern and traditional techniques. This course offers units in Jewellery design, Furniture design, Architectural design and Product Design before pupils go onto to study their own independent projects. This is an exciting and creative course that will inspire and excite students.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 including maths and English. Art or Design Technology GCSE grade 4 or above. A portfolio of Art/Design work should be presented at interview.
Links with Kevin Bassam Jewellery for work experience. James Newman Jewellery and Lloyds Jewellery also offer employment links. Developing links with black smith forging and Cadbury World.
Future links hope to include furniture design companies and Architecture establishments.
Jewellery and design master classes. Staffordshire university for crafts degree BA (hons). Coventry university in 3D Product Design.
Components of Course
- Technical drawing skills.
- Computer aided design skills.
- Workshop skills including health and safety.
- Jewellery project.
- Furniture project.
- Architecture project.
- Public sculpture project.
- Own creative development project.
- On-going classroom assessment by teacher. Assessment weeks during the year with mock practical element. Grades accumulate a score out of 100 at the end of the year.
- Several mini projects leading to own creative project and written element. 60% of final grade.
- 15-hour practical exam in year 2. 40% 0f grade.