The T Levels Digital Design & Development course is perfect for anyone who wishes to pursue a career in web design, UX/UI or web development. This is a two-year course, which has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to ensure that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for Employment within the occupational specialism of Digital Production, Design and Development.
- The digital industry is a major source of employment in the UK, with 1.46 million people working in digital companies and around 45,000 digital jobs advertised at any one time. Digital skills span all industries; almost all jobs in the UK today require employees to have a good level of digital literacy. The UK has positioned itself to be the ‘digital capital of Europe’ as it continues to invest billions every year in digital skills and commerce.
- If you want to start a career in software and digital design as, for example, a programmer, web designer, IT business analyst, systems designer, software development technician or digital marketer.
GCSE in Maths and English grade 4 or above.
This qualification will primarily prepare students to move into a skilled job but can also lead to further technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships or a degree course.
- Software Development Technician
- Junior Developer
- Junior Web Developer
- Junior Application Developer
- Junior Mobile App Developer
- Junior Games Developer
- Junior Software Developer
- Junior Application Support Analyst
- Junior Programmer
- Assistant Programmer
- Automated Test Developer
- Knowledge of core 8 topic areas in digital
- 2 core exams in Digital Analysis, Legislation and Emerging Issues and The Business Environment
- Employer set project
- An industry placement with an employer, for a minimum of 45 days
- Around 80% of time will be spent in the classroom with the remaining 20% being spent in an industry placement.
- College attendance is 3-4 days weekly
The T Level is made up of four component parts, with the Technical Qualification being the substantial component:
- Technical Qualification
- Industry Placement
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Any other relevant industry qualifications deemed appropriate by the T Level employer
How will it be assessed?
- Work placement for 315 hours
- Technical qualification 80% (external assessment 2 core exams and ESP set by Pearson Edexcel)