This course is designed to appeal to learners who are interested in a career in business but would like to study it alongside other fields of study, such as Law, Finance or any course that is of interest.
Business studies gives learners an introduction to and understanding of the business environment, management of resources, marketing and communication – all fundamental to the success of business organisations.
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 including English and a subject that requires essay writing.
Desired G-Score 5.0 and above.
A keen interest in current affairs is essential.
Studying business can enhance the employability of students. We have links with several accountancy firms who offer work experience including Ernst Young and PWC. We receive many offers of placements from businesses in other industries and we are always keen to promote these to our students. We also enter the CIPFA Management games each year and this is a great opportunity to network with people in Public Finance Sector.
Components of Course
• Module 1 – Business Environment
• Module 2 – Business Resources
• Module 3 – Introduction to Marketing
• Module 4 – Business Communications
• Module 15 – Development planning for a career in business
• Module 27 – Understanding health & safety in the business workplace
• Module 34 – Website design strategy
• Module 36 – Starting as a small business
• Coursework - 100%
Assignment work to be completed in a set time frame.