A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 including English.
An IT qualification can lead to possible careers such as:
Game programmers, animators, level designers/developers, Project Managers and website designers.
Components of Course
- Module 1 – Communication and Employability skills for IT
- Module 2 – Computer Systems
- Module 40 – Computer Game Design
- Module 17 – Project Planning with IT
- Module 20 – Client-side Customisation of Web Pages
- Module 22 – Developing Computer Games
There are a number of assessments completed for each unit. Each assessment includes a range of tasks for a Pass, Merit or Distinction criteria.
There are 2 mandatory modules:
- Communication and Employability skills for IT
- Computer systems
There are 4 optional modules taken over 2 years:
- Computer Game Design
- Project planning with IT
- Client-side customisation of web pages
- Developing computer games