The student progression team at Cadbury College works closely with a number of local and national businesses to provide students with meaningful work experience and part-time job opportunities to fit around their studies.
All students at Cadbury College engage in an employability programme and are encouraged to undertake part-time work or work experience during their time with us. When visiting the Cadbury Job Shop students can receive guidance on everything from searching for jobs/Apprenticeships/Work Experience, CV writing and interview preparation, to preparing for assessment centres. All support on offer is individually tailored and our Student Progression Officer can help you explore alternative pathways and routes to meet your career aspirations.
Located in the college’s Learning Resource Centre, all students at the college can visit the Cadbury Job Shop to take advantage of one-to-one support and guidance on successfully sourcing and applying for part-time jobs and work experience. In addition to this, anybody can access free careers advice for our Job Shop team every Wednesday via the online Chat facility on the college website.
Cadbury Job Shop’s Top 5 Tips:
1) Focus on the skills and experiences you have and engage in extra-curricular opportunities to extend your skills set further.
2) Ensure your CV is professional, concise and up to date.
3) Dress for the job you want – look the part!
4) Be prepared – research the job/company/industry you’re applying for.
5) Check your emails regularly for messages from the Student Progression Officer and local employers.