Bursary Information

Student Services at Cadbury College provides a wealth of support and guidance for its student body, including financial support. 

The college supports two types of bursary; The Guaranteed Bursary and The  Discretionary Bursary.

The Guaranteed Bursary

The Guaranteed Bursary is for students who live independently or for those who are in care.  The bursary provides up to £1,200 per year to support students with their travel passes, UCAS application fees, books and equipment, course-specific field trips and lunch vouchers.

The  Discretionary Bursary

The Discretionary Bursary is for students whose household income is less than £20,800 per year.  Support is provided for travel passes and lunch vouchers.  In addition to this, for those whose parents receive income support or other qualifying benefits, this bursary helps with course-specific field trips and books and equipment.


Cadbury College also offers free lunches to all students whose household income is less than £16,190, or whose parents receive income support or other qualifying benefits.  If you qualified for free lunches at school, then you will more than likely qualify for free lunches here at Cadbury.


If you have applied to study at Cadbury College and need to sign up for the bursary, please follow the below process:

  1. During Enrolment in September, please collect a 16-18 card application form along with a bursary/free meals application form from Student Central or Reception.
  2. During Induction (once you have started at College), please return your completed application form(s) along with the correct evidence to Student Services.
  3. Once Student Services has approved your application and you have paid the £20 for your travel pass, you can collect your pass from Student Services.  On the next day, your lunch entitlement will be added to your College ID card and you will be able to purchase your lunch up to a value of £3 every day you are in college.


For further information about the bursary schemes at Cadbury College, please contact our Student Services Manager here.