We are surrounded by Electronics – from computers and games consoles, to traffic systems and hospital equipment. As one of the few colleges in the country to offer A Level Electronics, we can offer you an ideal blend of practical and theoretical learning. This course is an ideal complement to many other A Levels such as Computer Science, Physics and Maths.
You will gain a thorough grounding in basic electronics and will be introduced to some of the many exciting communication and control applications. You will be able to simulate, model and prototype circuits. The project component of the course will allow you to gain hands-on experience at designing, building and testing specific systems and those necessary for your project.
Assessment for this course will be largely through two exams which will account for 80% of your mark with a practical assignment in system design making up the other 20%.
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 and above, including English, two grade 5s in Science and grade 6 in Maths. You should be confident carrying out calculations and using equations as there is a significant Maths content. You will need to be self motivated and capable of independent research and study.
A Level Electronics is a valuable asset for those wishing to pursue electronics as a career, or any Science, Engineering and Technology-related profession. Many Electronics students go on to study Engineering, Physics or Computing at university or on to an apprenticeship. This qualification will give you a distinct advantage when pursuing future careers linked to Electronics. The field of Electronics continues to make a huge impact on the quality of our lives and will affect generations to come in this technological age.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the college allocate places to students?All applicants will be invited to attend an admissions interview. An offer of a place to study at Cadbury Sixth Form College is made subject to you meeting the College's standard entry grade requirements.
How much does it cost to study at Cadbury Sixth Form College?There are no tuition fees for 16-18 year-olds. Students are asked to pay a £25 book deposit when they enrol at the college, however this is returned at the end of the two years of study when all books and resources have been returned to the college. Some subjects will offer field trips which may impose some additional costs, however these costs will be kept to a minimum and these field trips are not compulsory.
When does enrolment take place?Enrolment takes place from GCSE Results Day. Further details about enrolment and a date/time for your individual appointment will be sent to you in a letter over the summer holiday. Enrolment takes on average 1-2 hours.
© Copyright Cadbury Sixth Form College 1984 - 2023 | All Rights Reserved